Ishasha Sector in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Ishasha Sector is located within Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda’s second-largest park. The sector is famous for its tree-climbing lions however; there is a lot more to explore within this area of the park. Queen Elizabeth National Park is one of the top destinations in Uganda for wildlife safaris. The park has a thriving population of wildlife with up to 95 different mammal species registered in the park. The National Park also boasts a great population of bird species – up to 600 different species can be spotted in the park, making it one of the top destinations to visit while in Uganda. Ishasha Sector in Queen Elizabeth National Park is perhaps one of the best areas to visit while on your safari in the park as you will enjoy incredible game-viewing experience in this area.
The Ishasha area is generally a great wildlife viewing site in Queen Elizabeth National Park since it hosts some incredible species. The presence of plentiful herbivores especially the Uganda Kob attracts lions and other big cats within the area.
About Ishasha Sector
The Ishasha sector is part of Queen Elizabeth National Park, which is the most popular and often visited national park in Uganda. It is situated on the park’s farthest southwestern rim. In comparison to other regions of Queen Elizabeth National Park, the terrain in this area of the wonderful park is rather distinct. The Ishasha Sector within Queen Elizabeth National Park is habitat to the internationally renowned tree-climbing lions which are actually unique to this very place. The males have black manes.
The sector is an area to visit! The sector is dominated by the candelabra trees with big brunches that allow lions to hang up there. Spotting these jungle giants resting lazily on the tree branches during the hot hours of the day is really amazing. The area is also made up of some savanna woodland acacia trees.
For exclusive tree-climbing lion watching, the Ishasha Sector is the best place to visit since it offers the most accessible lion viewing compared to the Lake Manyara National Park in Tanzania – which is the only other place where there are tree-climbing lions in Africa.
Most travelers to Africa yearn to see big games especially the Big Five African Animals like Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino, and Elephant – Queen Elizabeth is home to four of these big game and lacks only rhinos. A safari here is worthwhile and memorable.
Tree climbing lions in Ishasha Sector in Queen Elizabeth National Park
The Ishasha Sector is famous for its tree-climbing lions, a major draw of tourists to this area. You can witness lions in Ishasha, where their population has dropped by nearly 50% in the past 20 years, making their status endangered since 1996. The rarest pride of these tree-climbing lions in the world prey on herds of Uganda Kobs that are constantly reproducing as well as buffalo and topi.
There are a number of reasons as to why the lions in Ishasha Sector climb trees and the presence of kobs could be partly a reason for the climbing. Climbing up on the tree branch is also advantageous when it comes to finding supper, as they can observe their prey from high above
It is also believed that the lions adopted this unusual behavior to escape the tsetse flies and the heat of the lower ground.
Acacia Safaris Limited is the best tour operator that will help you plan your Uganda Safari tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Our packages are tailor-made to best fit your interests.
Uganda Wildlife Safaris Related Searches
- Uganda Safaris Tour
- Uganda Gorilla Safari Packages
- Uganda Wildlife Safari Packages
- Uganda Birding Safari Packages
- Chimpanzee Trekking Safari Packages
- Long Uganda Gorilla Safaris
- Long Uganda Wildlife Safaris
- Short Uganda Gorilla Safari Tours
- Short Uganda Wildlife Safaris
- Uganda Wildlife Safaris
- 5 Days Best Gorilla Trekking Safaris Uganda
- 5 Days Best Uganda Wildlife Safaris Tour
- 6 Days Best Uganda Adventure Tour
- 7 Days Best Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Primate Tour
- 8 Days Best Uganda Safari Itinerary
Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tours Related Searches
- Long Uganda Gorilla Safari Tours
- 9 Days Classic Uganda Wildlife Safari
- 12 Days Affordable Uganda Adventure Tour
- 13 Days Classic Uganda Adventure Tour
- 14 Days Ultimate Uganda Wildlife Safari
- 15 Days Wildlife Safari Africa
- 16 Days Best Uganda Birding Safari
- 18 Days Best Uganda Adventure Safaris of a Lifetime Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Savannah Wildlife Tour
- 4 Days Savannah Wildlife Safari to Uganda
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
- 4 Days Ultimate Primates Safari & Wildlife Tour Uganda
- 6 Days Uganda Wildlife Safaris Tour
- 9 Days Uganda Primates Tour
- 9 Days Uganda Adventure Safari
- 12 Days Uganda Adventure Safaris Tour
- 19 Days Uganda Classic Safari Experience
- 5 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Gorilla Tour Rwanda Wildlife Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Rwanda Wildlife Safari
- 12 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 12 Days Tanzania Uganda Safari
- 13 Days Rwanda and Uganda Safari
- 13 Days Tanzania Uganda Tour