3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda
The 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda is a classical safari tour to one of Uganda’s Gorilla Parks, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. This 3 Days Mgahinga Tour is the shortest itinerary by road, for those wishing to explore the unique and charming Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is located in the southwestern part of Uganda, near the borders with Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is part of the larger Virunga conservation area, which spans across Rwanda, Uganda and Democratic Republic of Congo.
The park covers an area of about 33.7 square kilometers and is known for its rich biodiversity, including a variety of wildlife and bird species. One of the park’s most famous inhabitants are the endangered mountain gorilla. The 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda will allow you to explore this unique and charming safari park.
One of the unique aspects of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is its stunning landscape, which includes three of the eight volcanic peaks in the Virunga Mountains. During this 3 days safari to Mgahinga, you will have opportunities to trek the mountain gorillas.
This 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda includes 3 days and 2 nights, transportation on a 4×4 safari vehicle, and mountain gorilla trekking. The distance between Kampala and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is about 499km which takes about 9 hours of driving. While on your three days Mgahinga gorilla safari, you will spend a full day driving to the park and another to return with the second day for gorilla trekking. This 3 days Mgahinga gorilla trekking safari is available all year round and suitable for any category of travelers.
Quick Tour details
Duration: 3 Days
No. of People: Tailored
Availability: All year round
Price: Request for quote
Activities: Gorilla trekking
Destination: Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
Highlights of 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari
Day 01: Transfer from Kampala to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
Day 02: Mountain Gorilla trekking.
On Day 03: Return drives to Kampala.
Detailed day-by-day itinerary for 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda
Day 1: Transfer drive from Kampala to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
You will depart from Kampala and stopover at the Equator for photography at the world’s center line. You will then continue with the journey through the western Uganda highlands to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. As you drive through the country side, you will witness incredible beauty, scenic landscapes, vegetation and birdlife. You will arrive and check in at your already booked accommodation for dinner and an overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga
After early morning breakfast, you will head to the park headquarters for a briefing from the park guides. Thereafter head to the jungle for gorilla trekking that starts at 8:00 am. Head to the forest for a trek that lasts about 2 to 4 hours or more depending on where the mountain gorillas have spent their night.
After locating the gorillas, you will spend a maximum of 1 hour in the presence of the gorillas. After your trekking experience, you will trek back to the starting point. Remember to carry some drinking water and snacks or foods to keep you energized. You will receive a congratulatory certificate at the park headquarters and then transfer to the lodge for an overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3: Return drive from Mgahinga to Kampala
On the last day of the 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda, you will have breakfast then return to Kampala. The drive lasts more than 8 hours and therefore you will have lunch on the way. You will arrive in Kampala in the evening for drop-off at a hotel or other preferred drop-off point.
End of 3 days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
Safari Quote includes:
- Transportation in a tour van/Land cruiser
- Service of an English -speaking tour guide/driver
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Park admissions
- Accommodation on full board
- Entrance fees to all destinations as per the program
- Transfer to and from the airport
Safari Quote excludes
- All activities not mentioned in the program
- Phone calls bills
- International transfers
- Gratitude to tour guides
- Personal insurance
- Personal effects of any nature
- Hotel fees before and after the Uganda safari
Related Uganda Searches
- Gorilla Safaris Uganda
- Wildlife Safaris Uganda
- Mountain Climbing Tours
- Luxury Tours Uganda
- Discovery Tours to Uganda
- Adventure Travels Uganda
- Cycling Tour Adventures
- Safari Destinations
- Adventure Safaris
- Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- Wildlife Safaris Rwanda
- Adventure Safaris Rwanda
- East Africa Travel deals
- 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Magical Kenya Safari (Great Migration)
- 10 Days Uganda Adventure Safari
- 12 Days Best Uganda Safari Itinerary
- 15 Days Ultimate Wildlife Safari in Kenya and Uganda
- 18 Days Uganda Safari Tour
- 3 Days 2 Nights Uganda Fly-in Tour to Kidepo
- 3 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Trek & Gorilla Trekking Safari
- 3 Days Wildlife Safari in Uganda (Queen Elizabeth)
- 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife Tour
- 4 Days Road Trip Safari Uganda Kidepo
- 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 4 Days Uganda Safari with Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 5 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari Rwanda Tour
Uganda Wildlife Safaris Related Searches
- Uganda Safaris Tour
- Uganda Gorilla Safari Packages
- Uganda Wildlife Safari Packages
- Uganda Birding Safari Packages
- Chimpanzee Trekking Safari Packages
- Long Uganda Gorilla Safaris
- Long Uganda Wildlife Safaris
- Short Uganda Gorilla Safari Tours
- Short Uganda Wildlife Safaris
- Uganda Wildlife Safaris
- 5 Days Best Gorilla Trekking Safaris Uganda
- 5 Days Best Uganda Wildlife Safaris Tour
- 6 Days Best Uganda Adventure Tour
- 7 Days Best Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Primate Tour
- 8 Days Best Uganda Safari Itinerary